LabRoots – Cannabis Sciences Virtual Event 2019
Markus Roggen, PhD – Founder & CEO, Complex Biotech Discovery Ventures
Dr. Roggen’s latest project, Complex Biotech Discovery Ventures, a fundamental research laboratory and CRO of the cannabis industry. His research interests lie in the metabolite composition and behavior throughout the production cycle, SFE process optimization, and development of innovative therapeutic formulations. Dr. Roggen received his master in science degree from Imperial College, London, UK in 2008. He then pursued his graduate degree is organic chemistry at the Federal Institute of Technology in Zürich (ETHZ), where he received his PhD in 2012.
Controlling Terpenes and Cannabinoids in Flower and Extract
The cannabis industry has realized that not just one or two compounds of the plant are important for a variety of medical indications. A plethora of metabolites, e.g. terpenes, flavonoids and cannabinoids, give rise to the desired effects. Such chemical makeups are not only dictated by the strain/cultivar, but also influenced by grow methods, drying and curing, and also the extraction method. Unfortunately, it is mostly overlooked how these processes lead to high quality, reliable products. This talk will discuss our latest findings on how to control the molecular makeup throughout the production pipeline.
1. The audience will learn about the changes that happen to cannabis and its bioactive molecules during different production stages.
2. The audience will learn about ways of how to control such changes and even consciously manipulate molecular profiles.
Earn PACE Credits:
1. Make sure you’re a registered member of LabRoots (
2. Watch the webinar on YouTube or on the LabRoots Website (
3. Click Here to get your PACE credits (Expiration date – March 27, 2021 12:00 PM):
LabRoots on Social: