Cannabis tinctures have been used for centuries for medicinal purposes, usually consumed with a dropper by placing a few drops under your tongue before bed, it’s always better to start low and work your way up if needed.
Tinctures can last for years if kept in a cool, dark place, and can be added to a wide variety of foods including juices, smoothies, soups, sauces and more. Just be sure to keep your tinctures capped tightly to prevent evaporation, and shake well before consuming because separation may occur over time.
• 2 cups of Ever clear, Vodka, Brandy or other high proof alcohol
• 1 ounce of dry cannabis flower
1. Use your hand or grinder and lightly grind your cannabis.
2. Bake in the oven at 240° for 35 minutes. This process is called “decarb”.
3. Place the decarbed cannabis and alcohol in the jar
4. Close the lid tightly.
5. Store in a cabinet or cool dark place.
6. Shake the jar every few days.
7. Wait at least 2 weeks and/or up to a year, the longer you steep your cannabis in alcohol the more potent it will become. (I prefer 4 months)
8. Strain the mixture using a cheesecloth.
9. Place the tincture in the eyedropper and keep in the fridge. The amber/cobalt coloring keep light from degrading the cannabinoids in your tinctures.
Your cannabis tincture will be strong and likely burn. You might want to evaporate off some of the alcohol to have a more concentrated tincture. There are many different ways to evaporate off the alcohol. The simple way is to let the tincture sit out without a cover to let the alcohol evaporate away naturally. How much alcohol you evaporate off will depend on the type of final product you want, but many people typically evaporate off anywhere from 20-50% of the alcohol. If you evaporate off all of the alcohol, you will be left with Full-Extract Cannabis Oil (FECO).
Based on my belief about medical marijuana having benefits for your overall health. If you are a beginner be sure to start low and slow to avoid overdoing it. If you choose to use cannabis, please follow the legislation of your jurisdiction. Please do not operate heavy machinery, drive, take advantage of others, or allow persons under the legal age to consume cannabis products.
#cannabissociety #greendragon #marijuana